Friday, May 7, 2010

Some People Call You The Space Bastard

I have a love/hate relationship with Steve Miller.

Love his music, hate the man.

Steve Miller ruined my family. He wrecked my parents' marriage. He got my dad kicked out of the Doobie Brothers and ran him out of town. Then he moved in to my house and made me start calling him "Uncle Steve."

Uncle Steve used to beat the shit out of us, my mom and me. One time, he broke both my mother's arms and ripped the phone out of the wall so we couldn't call for an ambulance.

Steve made my mom walk to the hospital with two broken arms. He said he wouldn't drive her because the Cardinals game was on TV. I will always remember that- Steve loved his St. Louis Cardinals.

My mother told the hospital she accidentally broke her arms by walking into a door.

She walked into a lot of doors when Uncle Steve was around.

Steve used to burn me with lit cigarettes while I slept. I usually woke up screaming, and he would choke me with his bare hands until I passed out. Every time it happened, I would pray to God that this would be the time he finally killed me.

Steve Miller. Fucking Bastard.

But that doesn't change the fact that "Abra Cadabra" is a great song.



No comments:

Post a Comment