Friday, May 14, 2010

Excerpts From "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad"


These are some random panels from one of my never-to-be-published graphic novels, entitled "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad."

Imagine a 200 page comic strip, with fifty or sixty panels per page, drawn by a young man in the throes of a serious drug addiction.

Then imagine being that very man, years later, doing some spring cleaning, and suddenly discovering a box of drawings and stories created under the influence of Class A drugs... a box that you had every intention of setting on fire, but just couldn't bring yourself to do it.

I'm glad I kept it, in hindsight.
If anything, to remind myself that coke turns me into David Lee Roth, except if everything David Lee Roth touched turned to shit.

Bill Chambers, keepin' it real for everyone who never ever reads this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a one-of-a-kind piece of some BC art that I need to scan, and send to you for posterity.
    -Cary
    P.S. I am following your musings here, and enjoying them immensely. Keep 'em coming. I've got to come check WGG live, and catch up with you next time I'm in NY.

    ReplyDelete