Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Blast From The Past


This is an extremely cool video for an extremely tepid song from the band Straylight Run.
I think it won an award or something.

I play "Lawyer #4."
You can see me sitting at the desk in the back on stage right. I also do an impressive job of walking while holding an umbrella.

It took forever for them to film the individual band members in that big aquarium, because they could only lip-sync underwater for 10-15 seconds at a time before coming up for air.
It was also winter, the soundstage had no heat, and the water was bitterly cold.

The second band member to be filmed in the aquarium, the short bald guy, had a prop briefcase that looked like it was found in the garbage. He had to bring it in the aquarium, and thrash about, etc. After the first take, the water was full of scum and tiny pieces of the shitty briefcase.

Long story short, by the end of the shoot, all the band members were shivering, puking, and/or crying in sheer physical pain, after prolonged exposure to deadly cold water and who-knows-what kind of spores or diseases that were unearthed from the ancient briefcase.

I felt bad for them at first.
Then it occurred to me, those pricks are at least five years younger and five times richer than me. So fuck empathy, let those sensitive little bastards suffer for their "art."

No comments:

Post a Comment